The leadership of this church believe that Grow Groups should very much work as a "micro-church". In fact, it is impossible to build intimate, family-of-God relationships with approximately 400 people that meet here on a Sunday morning.
(Picture to the left inspired by John Mallison "The Small Group Leader")
Faith based Grow Groups are where people get to experience the family of God in a safe, caring and stimulating way. Personal relationships with each other and God as our common ground promote accountability and challenge as we walk in faith.
WHAT DOES A GROW GROUP LOOK LIKE?
- A Grow Group consists of 4-12 people (6-8 people is an ideal size)
- The purpose is to grow in faith and grow closer to God as members minister to one another
- Grow Groups are a primary source of pastoral care in our church community
- All groups are unique
- Meetings ideally last between 60-90 minutes
- Use of Scripture and prayer makes a Grow Group faith based
- Often food and hospitality is shared
- What members receive from thier Grow Group is in direct proportion to thier participation in the group
THERE ARE GREAT REASONS TO JOIN A GROW GROUP
- Christ deliberately concentrated his teaching and ministry on a small number of followers (Mark 3:14)
- The early church followed the example of Jesus - meeting in small groups to support each other, to grow in Christ and share hospitality (Acts 2:46-47)
WOULD YOU LIKE TO GET CONNECTED?
We would love to help you connect with others in our church community.
Please email Noel Morley or 0448811506